Toggle Content Sunday, December 21, 2014

Why Register? Registered users of our community have the ability to post in the forums, add comments to news entries, submit news and articles, view full size pictures in the Gallery, and more.
Toggle Content   Fishing Main

Toggle Content   Who is where

Toggle Content   Groups
Join a Group Join a Group
      Pro Shop

Toggle Content   Old Articles
Friday, September 14
  Google Adsense and CPG Nuke Dragonfly CPGNUKE (0)
Tuesday, September 04
  Kenai River Fishing (0)
Wednesday, August 29
  Pacific Ocean and Buoy 10 Coho and Chinook Salmon Fishing (0)
Tuesday, August 21
  Alaska Salmon Fishing Charters (1)
Tuesday, August 07
  The great Fishingnw.com T-Shirt Logo Contest (0)
Friday, August 03
  Summer fishing heats up across state; 'fall season' starts Aug. 1 on the Columbi (1)
Tuesday, July 24
  Ocean salmon season starts with a bang as other fisheries heat up around state (1)
Tuesday, July 24
  Anglers fishing portions of Puget Sound reminded to properly release wild chinoo (1)
Sunday, July 08
  North Western Rivers (1)
Monday, June 04
  Catch trout, salmon, sturgeon on Free Fishing Weekend (1)
Tuesday, March 13
  Fishing improves with the change of season (0)
Monday, February 26
  Head to eastside lakes for trout, Puget Sound for blackmouth (0)
Thursday, February 22
  Wynoochee January 2007 Hot and Cold (0)
Monday, January 22
  Western rivers (0)
Monday, January 22
  Members Map updated (0)
Monday, December 04
  Weekender Update November 29 - December 12, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, November 21
  Weekender Update November 15 - 28, 2006 (1)
Wednesday, November 01
  stillguamish (0)
Monday, October 23
  Steelhead Anglers Report in (0)
Thursday, September 21
  Weekender Update September 20 - October 3, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, September 19
  2006 Yakima River / Hanford Reach Salmon Reports and Ringold Steelhead Reports (0)
Monday, September 18
  INVENTORY BLOWOUT SALE (0)
Tuesday, September 12
  Lake Washington sockeye catch largest in a decade (1)
Thursday, September 07
  Weekender Update September 6-19, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, August 29
  Weekender Update August 23 - September 5, 2006 (0)
Sunday, August 20
  How to Catch Salmon - Marine Areas (0)
Sunday, August 20
  Slam'n Salmon Ocean Derby in Brookings, Oregon (0)
Thursday, August 10
  Weekender Update August 9 - 22, 2006 (0)
Thursday, July 27
  Weekender Update July 26 - August 8, 2006 (0)
Saturday, July 22
  Brewster Salmon Derby (0)

Older Articles

Community Forums › Fishing by Species › Salmon and Steelhead › McNary Dam
McNary Dam
An area to discuss Salmon and Steelhead fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexSalmon and Steelhead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schlegelstine
King
King

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: McNary Dam Reply with quote

Made it to McNary yesterday... Anchored along the rock wall by the locks on the Washington side and fished with bobbers and shrimp. With 3 rods in the water, we boated 4 fish - three wild and one 9 lb. keeper... Fish were hitting on pink shrimp with shrimp and garlic scent on them at about 8 - 9 feet of depth.

Pretty cool trip - my friends daughter caught her first steelhead and my brother caught his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th steelhead ever... I caught nothing, but it was cool to see him hook up so much.

How's winter fishing going for other folks?
Starfish
King
King

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: McNary Dam Reply with quote

Congratulations! Way to break in that new boat right.

My winter was going okay until I threw a rod on my 225 Merc... now it's parked! I have plenty of boat ride offers but it's been kind of hard to get motivated with a broken boat.
Starfish
King
King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: McNary Dam Reply with quote

Hey, what color is your new boat? I was fishing with a buddy Friday and saw a green top Alumaweld anchored there, wondered if it was you. We got a few trolling plugs, not red hot but it sure was nice to see some sunshine for a change.
Schlegelstine
King
King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: McNary Dam Reply with quote

It was probably me Very Happy My boat is silver with a green stripe down the side and a green top. I was anchored along the rock wall by the locks on the Washington side Friday. We felt bad because we had to anchor as far away from the wall as we did because of the wind... I don't like clogging up the trolling lane through there...

We didn't end-up catching anything that day, but had a good time anyway, although we did talk to some guys who caught some trolling shrimp and plugs. Picked the wrong day to bobber-fish I guess! I'll be pulling plugs next time I go down...

Wasn't it crazy how iced-up the boat ramp on the Oregon side was?! When I went to get out, there was a guy in a huge Ford truck that was spinning his wheels trying to get out. I had to hook a tow-strap from my truck to his to help pull him out!

And there was another guy that hooked to his trailer and his trailer wheels were frozen in place! Not turning at all!
Starfish
King
King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: McNary Dam Reply with quote

Yeah it was crazy cold! I was with my buddy Leo in a blue Hewes hardtop so we were warm. We managed to catch two keepers and released a wild and broke another off, all on plugs. Pulling out on the Oregon side was a little spooky all right, I was driving Leo's truck and I had to crab sideways a bit until I could get the tires on some sand someone had laid down.

I've learned to make a few laps around the parking lot with the empty boat trailer when I launch in cold temps, it helps reduce the chance of the brakes freezing up. It still happens sometimes though, I've had to drag my boat trailer to the water to get it to thaw out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Salmon and Steelhead All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: