Toggle Content Friday, August 01, 2014

Why Register? Registered users of our community have the ability to post in the forums, add comments to news entries, submit news and articles, view full size pictures in the Gallery, and more.
Toggle Content   Fishing Main

Toggle Content   Who is where

Toggle Content   Groups
Join a Group Join a Group
      Pro Shop

Toggle Content   Old Articles
Friday, September 14
  Google Adsense and CPG Nuke Dragonfly CPGNUKE (0)
Tuesday, September 04
  Kenai River Fishing (0)
Wednesday, August 29
  Pacific Ocean and Buoy 10 Coho and Chinook Salmon Fishing (0)
Tuesday, August 21
  Alaska Salmon Fishing Charters (1)
Tuesday, August 07
  The great Fishingnw.com T-Shirt Logo Contest (0)
Friday, August 03
  Summer fishing heats up across state; 'fall season' starts Aug. 1 on the Columbi (1)
Tuesday, July 24
  Ocean salmon season starts with a bang as other fisheries heat up around state (1)
Tuesday, July 24
  Anglers fishing portions of Puget Sound reminded to properly release wild chinoo (1)
Sunday, July 08
  North Western Rivers (1)
Monday, June 04
  Catch trout, salmon, sturgeon on Free Fishing Weekend (1)
Tuesday, March 13
  Fishing improves with the change of season (0)
Monday, February 26
  Head to eastside lakes for trout, Puget Sound for blackmouth (0)
Thursday, February 22
  Wynoochee January 2007 Hot and Cold (0)
Monday, January 22
  Western rivers (0)
Monday, January 22
  Members Map updated (0)
Monday, December 04
  Weekender Update November 29 - December 12, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, November 21
  Weekender Update November 15 - 28, 2006 (1)
Wednesday, November 01
  stillguamish (0)
Monday, October 23
  Steelhead Anglers Report in (0)
Thursday, September 21
  Weekender Update September 20 - October 3, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, September 19
  2006 Yakima River / Hanford Reach Salmon Reports and Ringold Steelhead Reports (0)
Monday, September 18
  INVENTORY BLOWOUT SALE (0)
Tuesday, September 12
  Lake Washington sockeye catch largest in a decade (1)
Thursday, September 07
  Weekender Update September 6-19, 2006 (0)
Tuesday, August 29
  Weekender Update August 23 - September 5, 2006 (0)
Sunday, August 20
  How to Catch Salmon - Marine Areas (0)
Sunday, August 20
  Slam'n Salmon Ocean Derby in Brookings, Oregon (0)
Thursday, August 10
  Weekender Update August 9 - 22, 2006 (0)
Thursday, July 27
  Weekender Update July 26 - August 8, 2006 (0)
Saturday, July 22
  Brewster Salmon Derby (0)

Older Articles

Community Forums › Fishing by Species › Salmon and Steelhead › Touchet River by Prescott
Touchet River by Prescott
An area to discuss Salmon and Steelhead fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexSalmon and Steelhead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elkstalker
Egg
Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

I am a fairly unaccomplished fisherman, but I try to get out a couple of times a year. Saturday or Sunday may be my only day out for Steelhead this year. I have some good, private property access to the Touchet river by Prescott.

Any suggestions for what to try on this stretch of the Touchet? Eggs, spinners, wigglewarts, worms, corkies?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

thanks.
Pasco_steelhdr
King
King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

No expert but I think the water is a bit too cold for spinners. Personally I would fish 1/8 oz (prefer 1/6 oz on #2 hooks if you can find them) and smaller jigs, small corkie and yarn with some scent, or a small dyed prawn tail. If the river is running chocolate I would stay home.
DoubleD
King
King

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

If I'm not using my flyrod, I would use a big ass bucktail jig in red and black or free drift roe (no weight).
Pasco_steelhdr
King
King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

Agree on free drifting a a gob of roe. Dime size if the water is clear and going larger up to quarter size as water clarity decreases.
secondclasshero
Alevin
Alevin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

Spinners work great in smaller rivers like the Touchet. Temp is a factor. Fish are cold blooded which means there temp is the same as the stream temp, when the water is colder than they like they won't chase anything outside there comfort zone. It takes alot of presentation to catch steelhead in cold water regardless the tackle. Retrieve sloow and bottom bounce the spinner casting upstream. Cover alot of water and get anybait in a steels face and they'll get pissed enough to strike. Good luck thats a fun river.

camera3-16-09 233.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.59 KB
 Viewed:  17369 Time(s)

camera3-16-09 233.jpg

BillBob
Egg
Egg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

In case anyone is checking now for Touchet River posts, I fished between Waitsburg and Dayton Sunday, February 27th, 2011,and hooked two.
I didn't start there until afternoon, since I went to the lower part of the Touchet in the morning, but it was pretty muddy, but in excellent shape as I got nearer to Waitsburg.
Using eggs with a glo pale green bead, smaller than a corky. A quarter ounce slip sinker for weight, leader only about 14 or 15 inches.
sethkuhl
Smolt
Smolt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

At least someone is fishing and responding! Anyone else fish anymore? Hoping to go this weekend. See if I can escape

wwangler
Adult
Adult

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Touchet River by Prescott Reply with quote

I have been fishing the WW, which I would assume is similar to the Touchet. I have never fished the Touchet. Last weekend, I hooked 4 fish and landed 3. Just a simple worm and single hook set up, with a couple of large split shots. The 3 fish were all natives. Two were pretty bright, with one being very dark. Where are the spots on the Touchet that you guys like to hit? I am not even sure where access to that river is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Salmon and Steelhead All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: